Posts Tagged ‘aloe vera gel for hair’
Natural Hair Softener and Moisturizer
Shea butter, coconut oil, and aloe vera gel combine to create a wonderful moisturizer. The three elements to the mixture all prove to encompass their own specialties; when they come together, it creates a heavenly mixture. I’m not sure who initially thought of the mixture and put it together, but the mix definitely does wonders for natural hair. Therefore, whoever you are out there – thanks are in order!!!
I create my whipped Shea butter mixture based on consistency, as I do not measure the ingredients out exactly. Here is a guide that you may find useful:
- Begin with the shea butter as the base (place it in a small container for storage)
- Melt the shea slightly (30 sec or so) in the microwave to soften up the texture
- Stir in the aloe vera gel adding small amounts until you get a nice creamy consistency (you may end up with about half as much AV Gel as you used shea butter)
- Add about a tablespoon or so of coconut oil
- Mix the elements up well blending them all together and let the shea cool/settle
- VOILA – you have your perfect mix of “sheacocoaloe”
Try it out as it softens, moisturizes, and seals all in one for my 4b hair! Happy Healthy Hair Growing!