Coconut Oil Benefits for Hair
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is known for its beneficial qualities from its culinary uses to its many healing properties. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, commonly recognized as EVCO, is produced in the best way to retain the highest content of nutrients in its purest form. Few know of the greatness it does for the hair, I am here to share what I have gathered from using EVCO.
- Coconut oil is very light on the strands and is one of the few oils with moisturizing properties.
- EVCO can be used as a base for other oils, such as castor oil or essential oils.
- May be used as a deep conditioner by itself, free of other agents, to condition the hair naturally. There is no risk of over-conditioning with EVCO, as the hair will just soak it right up.
- Great for Pre-Poo treatments, as it protects the hair from the drying effects of sulfate-laden shampoos.
- Seals in moisture and leave-ins.
- Wonderful for scalp massages because it is so light.
- Lightly conditions hair and does not cause a greasy, weighed down feel.
- Helps in length retention when applied to ends consistently.
Relaxed and Naturals may enjoy the many benefits that coconut oil has to offer. Try some out and see if your hair loves it as much as mine does. Happy Healthy Hair Growing!