With things being geared more towards global climate awareness each passing day, “green” products are selling quicker than lace fronts. Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps are prime examples of economical “green” products that will work for your tresses, not against them. Amidst many other functions, Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps can be used for washing the hair. I decided to give this product a try in an effort to incorporate more natural products into my regimen to tame my newly natural hair. I currently use the tea tree version of the 18-in-1 Hemp soaps, which I chose not only to cleanse my hair, but in order to combat my dermatitis (dandruff) issues as well.
I did not quite know what to expect from Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps as far as my hair goes, I have used them for bathing and even stain removal with impressive results (yes when they say 18-in-1 they are not joking!). However, I was confident in knowing that Dr. Bronner’s use of organic ingredients would not damage my hair. I have 4a/4b hair that contains very “kinky coily” curls. If I can use it, then this product can be used on all hair types. Natural and relaxed heads alike may see great results from using Dr. Bronner’s on the hair. After using this product, I have yielded amazing results. My scalp feels better than it ever has with the sls, petrolatum, and mineral oil laden products that I’d used before I knew better (thanks bhp). Here’s a summary of the results…
- A little goes a LONG way
- Lathers easily
- Cuts product build up, w/o drying out the scalp
- Scalp looks and feels clean as a whistle
- Does not strip the hair of its natural oils
- No sls, petrolatum, mineral oils, it’s 100% Vegan
- Will tangle hair if not careful
- Tea tree scent doesn’t appeal to all
How To Use It:
- Mix one capful in a cup of water and pour on scalp per the directions, or wet hair with water and squeeze tiny amounts of the soap into your hair (front, back, middle) and work into an instant lather.
- In order to minimize the tangling, do not scrub or scratch your hair as most often do, but gently massage the product into your hair and scalp; it will do wonders.
- Rinse out product without too much manipulation.
- Apply your conditioner or oil after and continue to style as usual.
Water, Saponified Organic Coconut and Organic Olive Oils, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Extract, Citric Acid, Vitamin E.
Amina has blogged (31)