Archive for the ‘Features’ Category
Chloe from San Jose, CA says: I have been experiencing issues with hair loss in the last few months. Do you have any tips for hair regrowth?
Hair loss is an something that is noted all too often among men and women across many different racial and ethnic lines. Hair loss knows no age boundaries either. Hair loss often devastates those who experience it. However, hair regrowth is not always out of reach for those who have experienced hair loss. Hair regrowth can be generated in a variety of ways. Many steps to achieving hair growth will soon be stated in this article.
Hair regrowth can be achieved through several ways.
1. Oiling the roots of the hair
- Keeping the hair oiled helps with the pliability and elasticity of the hair, preventing snapping and breakage of the hair
- The more oiled and moisturized the hair is, the likely it is to live longer
- Oiling the scalp creates the environment for new hair to survive and grow as opposed to a dry, unhealthy scalp
2. Massaging the scalp
- Massaging the scalp gently helps to improve circulation of the blood to the scalp and often generates the growth of new hair
- Hair regrowth is often created through massaging the scalp because the scalp is shocked and invigorated through the relaxing process, the key is to be consistent in this practice (oil may be used to perform the massage)
3. Cleansing the scalp and hair more often
- There has been the perception that “dirty hair” grows faster, however, I beg to differ. with my hair regrowth in areas that I experienced losses, my hair grew faster when I maintained clean hair. Washing the hair weekly did more justice to my hair follicles than leaving them clogged with dirt and build-up
4. Cut the Stress
- Stress is one of the number one reasons for hair loss; you must learn to relax in order to maintain a healthy hair growth cycle in order to prevent hair loss
5. Seek advise/counsel from a professional
- A licensed dermatologist may be able to help you assess the reasons for your hair loss and, in result, find you some helpful solutions to gain hair growth
Chloe, the above referenced hair restorers may be utilized in order to help spark hair regrowth for those who have experienced hair loss. I hope that the tips will provide some sort of help for you. Feel free to contact us further if you need anything else!
When transitioning to natural hair, the first thing you have to realize is that taking care of natural hair required methods that were totally different from the steps to care for relaxed hair. The moment you have that revelation, your transition will become much simpler.
Natural/kinky hair must be manipulated with product in it. My dry hair would be a total mess to deal with in its natural state.
Natural Hair is not to be “wrapped”, but best to be manipulated gently and secured with a soft satin or silk bonnet at night. You may also opt to sleep on a silky pillowcase at night in order to maintain the oils, prevent dryness, and to avoid breakage.
Natural hair gets/feels dry quicker than relaxed hair. The natural hair still produces sebum (natural oils) from the scalp, however, it is harder for the oils to travel down the hair shaft (especially with kinky/curlier hair). Do not shy away from keeping the hair oiled regularly.
You are moving towards becoming natural now, DON”T FEAR WATER. A little H20 never hurts, and with natural hair, unlike relaxed, you may bring on the water! You no longer have to run from the rain, but embrace a little mist on your hair. Natural hair loves moisture, and water based moisturizers are great for maintaining elasticity and overall healthy hair.
Remember these simple tidbits when managing your hair, it may make your transitioning to natural hair that much easier! God bless you on your journey!