Posts Tagged ‘hair restoration’
Products to restore your hair may oftentimes become very pricey. I can count on my fingers and toes many times over how many times I have seen an infomercial that was related to hair loss, hair regrowth, and hair restoration. The process of losing hair and gaining it back again can be cumbersome; however, there are natural hair restorers in addition to the myriad of synthetic products that have the potential to break the bank.
Natural products, including herbal hair loss remedies, that restore hair growth are much easier on the wallet and may provide to be safer and better for you to use over time.
Natural Hair Restorers include:
- There have been claims and testimonies to verify the powers of castor oil to restore hair growth
- Castor oil is a natural hair restorer that promotes growth and thickness in the hair
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil is said to be castor oil in its most pure form, containing ash which helps to promote hair regrowth naturally
- MSM has been proven to promote hair growth; the natural sulfur that is contained in MSM is essential to the body and actually known to be helpful in hair, skin and nails
- MSM may be bought over the counter at your local health food store
Leafy Green Vegetables
- Leafy green vegetables contain the many nutrients that help promote overall health, which includes health to hair, skin, and nails. Whenever I increase my intake of leafy greens and vegetables, I notice better growth cycles
- With better growth cycles come the possibility and/or instance of hair restoration
- Improved blood circulation to the scalp helps to restore hair growth; garlic is a known natural herbal circulatory agent, in addition to its many other functions
- The old follicles that may not have been active are excited through the onset of blood circulation, which in result reacts as a hair restorer
- The herbal hair loss remedy, garlic, may be taken in many forms including capsules, odorless capsules, or eaten raw
The aforementioned list of hair restorers is a partial list of natural products, and supplements that may help to spark hair regrowth. Many African American women, like myself, have experienced issues with hair loss at the hairline/”edges” and various forms of alopecia. The list above may prove to be somewhat helpful in putting you on the right road to achieving growth, hair regrowth, and overall hair restoration!
Chloe from San Jose, CA says: I have been experiencing issues with hair loss in the last few months. Do you have any tips for hair regrowth?
Hair loss is an something that is noted all too often among men and women across many different racial and ethnic lines. Hair loss knows no age boundaries either. Hair loss often devastates those who experience it. However, hair regrowth is not always out of reach for those who have experienced hair loss. Hair regrowth can be generated in a variety of ways. Many steps to achieving hair growth will soon be stated in this article.
Hair regrowth can be achieved through several ways.
1. Oiling the roots of the hair
- Keeping the hair oiled helps with the pliability and elasticity of the hair, preventing snapping and breakage of the hair
- The more oiled and moisturized the hair is, the likely it is to live longer
- Oiling the scalp creates the environment for new hair to survive and grow as opposed to a dry, unhealthy scalp
2. Massaging the scalp
- Massaging the scalp gently helps to improve circulation of the blood to the scalp and often generates the growth of new hair
- Hair regrowth is often created through massaging the scalp because the scalp is shocked and invigorated through the relaxing process, the key is to be consistent in this practice (oil may be used to perform the massage)
3. Cleansing the scalp and hair more often
- There has been the perception that “dirty hair” grows faster, however, I beg to differ. with my hair regrowth in areas that I experienced losses, my hair grew faster when I maintained clean hair. Washing the hair weekly did more justice to my hair follicles than leaving them clogged with dirt and build-up
4. Cut the Stress
- Stress is one of the number one reasons for hair loss; you must learn to relax in order to maintain a healthy hair growth cycle in order to prevent hair loss
5. Seek advise/counsel from a professional
- A licensed dermatologist may be able to help you assess the reasons for your hair loss and, in result, find you some helpful solutions to gain hair growth
Chloe, the above referenced hair restorers may be utilized in order to help spark hair regrowth for those who have experienced hair loss. I hope that the tips will provide some sort of help for you. Feel free to contact us further if you need anything else!
Here is a link to a video that may help you as well to achieve hair regrowth. Check it out! Youtuber, Shima, addresses black hair regrowth.