Natural Hair Softener and Moisturizer
Shea butter, coconut oil, and aloe vera gel combine to create a wonderful moisturizer. The three elements to the mixture all prove to encompass their own specialties; when they come together, it creates a heavenly mixture. I’m not sure who initially thought of the mixture and put it together, but the mix definitely does wonders for natural hair. Therefore, whoever you are out there – thanks are in order!!!
I create my whipped Shea butter mixture based on consistency, as I do not measure the ingredients out exactly. Here is a guide that you may find useful:
- Begin with the shea butter as the base (place it in a small container for storage)
- Melt the shea slightly (30 sec or so) in the microwave to soften up the texture
- Stir in the aloe vera gel adding small amounts until you get a nice creamy consistency (you may end up with about half as much AV Gel as you used shea butter)
- Add about a tablespoon or so of coconut oil
- Mix the elements up well blending them all together and let the shea cool/settle
- VOILA – you have your perfect mix of “sheacocoaloe”
Try it out as it softens, moisturizes, and seals all in one for my 4b hair! Happy Healthy Hair Growing!
Amina has blogged (29)